The stomach works as a tank for food eaten during meals and the procedure of digestion happens here. Its inner walls consist of glands that secrete acid and digestive enzymes. The usual type of cancer that affects the stomach is adenocarcinomas; it occurs in the glands of the innermost layer of the stomach. Adenocarcinomas tumor has tendency to spread through the wall of the stomach and then to adjoining organs (pancreas and spleen) and lymph nodes.
Create this article
There are no definitive causes of stomach cancer, though there are cases and risk factors that have been seen through research. They are:
1. Old Age – people aged 70 and above are vulnerable.
2. Men have a more likelihood in getting this kind of cancer.
3. people of Asian, Pacific Islander, Hispanic, and African Americans than in non-Hispanic white American origin have been seen with stomach cancer
4. A diet reach in foods that are smoked, salted, or pickled may be at increased risk for stomach cancer.
5. H. pylori is a type of bacteria that exists in the stomach. H. pylori infection raises the risk of stomach inflammation and stomach ulcers.
6. Smoking for a long period also increased the risk of stomach cancer.
Create this article
Early stomach cancer often does not cause clear symptoms. As the cancer grows, the most common symptoms are:
* Discomfort in the stomach area
* Feeling full or bloated after a small meal
* Nausea and vomiting
* Weight loss
These are some tips for preventing Stomach Cancer:
•Evaluating Salt Intake. Diets with a high salt intake have been associated with stomach cancer. Avoiding excessive intake of cured or pickled meats and vegetables.
•Eating vegetables. Studies show that a diet high in fruits and vegetables that contain beta carotene and vitamin C can decrease the risk factor for stomach cancer.
•Knowing your medical history. Certain bacterial infections, like Helicobacter pylori, increases risk factors.
Our users add : Create this article
|Radiation, Chemotherapy or Surgery||Modern Medicine|
Treatment for stomach cancer depends on the stage of cancer. Often cancer is at such an advance stage that it is not curable. Stomach cancer is treated with doctors with specialization like gastroenterologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists.
|moolchand kejariwal||Yoga & Meditation|
Do you treat stomach cancer ? I have the cancer and a large part of my stomach has been removed by surgery, and there is a case of recurrance.So kindly inform and advise.
Get expert advise on pricing, expertise and availability To book a free counselling session
please fill in your details-